Friday, June 24, 2016

#eysc2016 - The story of the diarist

On May 22-24, 2016, I attended the #BestCampEver and it changed my life forever. One thing I love about its organizers is that they keep the hype even though the camp was a month ago. Today, they uploaded these photos and I want to share it with you. You may never understand what's happening, but believe, the power of Jesus Christ are in these photos. (Please see link)

I'm not going to make it a very long blog post, but I just want to tell you that this camp has been one of the best camp I've been to. I felt the genuine intentions of the organizers and the brains behind this camp. Our theme was simple, GO. I've realized that going wasn't always about going somewhere else, it's knowing your territory and right there you GO and make disciples. Through facebook, I've seen how some campers have changed perspective in doing the ministry of God. As for me, it has given me the idea of working out our Youth Ministry in our church and make a difference. I cannot do it alone, that's why I shared the vision to my fellow youth ministers and I am amazed that they are carrying the same burdens as mine. 

It has changed me, the camp, the people, and most importantly, the presence of God that I've experience right there and it stays with me up until now. I have been so strong for the longest time and thought that I can win my battles alone, but during the camp, I have been in my weakest and I had no choice but to kneel myself down at the feet of Christ. Here, I realized that it's okay to be weak, because God will be my strength. I also realized that I haven't really grasp the true meaning of God's forgiveness. I know He forgives me and that Christ died for me but I had a hard time forgiving myself. Before, I asked God forgiveness for all my sins but I tend to do it all over again. There was nothing but insanity. During this camp, I literally felt God's presence cleansing every part of my being and teaching my heart to forgive myself. I already know repentance but on that day, REPENTANCE HAPPENED. Praise God! As the myth take rounds that there are Christians who waits for camps and other church activities to be 'on fire', well, I am one of them. I really waited for this moment and it's all so worth it! Because I have been doing all the work and forgot that it's God who will enable me to do the work, that's why I get frustrated. In this camp, I learned to live my life to the fullest as I lay my cry, my pain, my burden, my confusion, and struggle to the only One who understands.

Many people will ask me, "But you're already a leader in your church? How come you still experience these things?" These questions actually frightened me that's why I also go out strong and appear to be the strongest woman someone would know. But in this camp, I have learned to accept that I am the weakest and I need God to be strong and to have true strength. Through this camp, God enabled me to reflect on my life's decision. He answers a lot of questions and has given peace instead of confusion. 

In this camp, I am nothing but a weak person that went out strong by God's amazing grace. I believe everyone who have attended this camp have their own kind of story. Mine is this. I hope you were blessed. God loves you! <3 




PHOTO LINK HERE

Day 1 -  https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1390597394287417&set=a.1390565667623923.1073741852.100000115107615&type=3&theater
Day 2 - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1390578487622641&set=a.1390567874290369.1073741853.100000115107615&type=3&theater
Day 3 - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1390634310950392&set=a.1390633797617110.1073741854.100000115107615&type=3&theater

Photos from: Prince Gershom Encarnacion
Photos by: Dave Mendoza and Pauline Sweet Encarnacion

1 comment: