Saturday, September 3, 2016

To the Facebook couples

Photo from the scienceofrelationships.com
To whom it may concern:

Disclaimer: This post may or may not hit anyone to the bones but I am writing with the intention of "advising" and not "offending". If you'll be offended, let me know. :)

Hmmm. It seems that you're really in love with your boyfriend/girlfriend. Yes. We know. Because we see everything that you both do through your Facebook post.

First things first, aren't you together just today? or the other day? Because it seems that you miss each other sooooo much that you "Like" or "Love" each other's posts and you post comments too? Wow! Just to remind you, Facebook Messenger exist.

We don't actually care if you post or comment on every post of your boyfriend/girlfriend. We can simply hide your posts from our timeline or worst cases, block you. But We won't. Because we know that you may post something important or interesting. We are not bitter. We are not mad at you. We are just concern with your relationship. Is your relationship with that person healthy? Are you two talking to each other when you are together or are you talking through facebook comments?

Your love for someone are to be declared, it's not supposed to be kept as a secret but it also needs privacy. If we see you compliments your partner on every. single. posts. It's not healthy. Because it must be kept private.

If we live in the old times, we won't be having this kind of problem. You know? Our parents don't have facebook during their younger years but they seem to be okay with that. They don't tell to the people near them how much they love their partner. They don't make public declarations every single day. They had their privacy at its finest.

I just realized how this generation is so hungry for publicity and attention. Many individuals wanted their partner to post something about them or their relationship and think it's not love when they don't. What? Okay. Or others would make public announcement of their love through surprises and posts it on facebook. With all glamour. What? Okay.

Again, I don't intend to offend anyone. I'm sorry if I offended you. I don't mean it. I was a victim of this scare. Trying to ask my boyfriend to post something on Facebook about us. But my mom had enlightened me by saying, "We don't do this when we were younger. I think when you post something on Facebook about your partner, there are many intruders who will judge your relationship. If you love him, tell him in person, not through facebook." And I realized that I was being a kind of woman who seeks virtual attention.

So, to the facebook couples, post less, love more. :) God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment