Wednesday, May 8, 2019

To the 25-year old me :)

Below you will read a letter I wrote for myself last February 11, 2015. I wasn't able to read it when I was 25. I accidentally saw it as I re-read my old diaries. It was so peaceful to read this knowing that I am encouraging and assuring myself that no matter what happens. everything's' gonna be okay.

So here it is.

Hello! I am your 23 year-old self. I am writing this letter to you because today, someone let me read her letter to her 25 year old self. She's amazing and she's one of the sweetest sister in Christ I have ever had. I liked the idea of doing the same thing. 

I got infatuated with someone and I think I actually liked him on the first time we met. It was 1 year since. But it doesn't feel so real. I actually wrote a song, he is the inspiration, but I ended up singing it for my unknown future husband. 

Today, you feel nothing. I am not even smiling as I write this. I just want to let you know that today, you stopped taking the risks of falling in love again and focused on God and yourself instead. Whenever I imagine being 25, being you,  I remember YATZ. The first guy to ever break your heart. Because you promised each other that when you both reach 25 and single, you two will be together. But I guess that's a promise made to be broken because you lost communication with him two years ago. You've made many failures. You've been through many heartaches, but you're a fighter because now, I know you're stronger than me. 

You actually don't know where your journey was heading now. But you are believing that God is with you always. 

Right now, 25-year old me, I hope you're with someone. Sharing your journey and glorifying God in everything you do. I know you are at a place where you want to be. Are you a writer? A photographer? or a full time musician/music teacher? Whatever you are doing, I AM PROUD OF YOU! I hope you won't forget how God has been so amazing in your life. You might be planning your wedding right now, or just having a coffee with the ONE. But I am telling you, you are dreaming about that at this moment as a 23-year old. You are dreaming about that sweet talks with your love and joyride while you are at a passenger seat. You'll go hiking, site seeing, eating, and just travelling around the world with him! 

Be strong, 25 year-old self. God is so faithful, really faithful ans I want you to know that He's been guarding your heart for that man you are with today. <3 I love you, self. 

Loving you, 

23 year-old YOU. 


NOW:

As I read this, it actually gave me goosebumps. Like WOW!!! Maybe it was meant for me to read it as a 27 year-old self. It so happens that I read it at the right time and right situation. It's amazing! God is indeed moving mysteriously!

Thank you 23 year-old me. You encouraged me a assured me of so many things. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment