Wednesday, May 15, 2013

If your happy and you know it, write it down!

Hello! Once again, I am Rio Krizelle Rana and I am 21 years old. I haven't posted any blogpost for the past few months for some personal reasons. First, I am too busy. Second, I have a lot articles to post. Third, I got addicted to koreanovelas. :D

Blogging has always been a part of my life since I entered college. That's when I knew that I have this unknown writing skills which I thought wasn't my kind. But it turns out that it became my passion and hobby.

I was once a member of a school publication way back high school. I was not given a chance to write down my thoughts back then. I haven't even contributed anything to it. It was just an extra-curricular activity that I once joined. But entering to a university publication never stepped into my brain. It did not create any group of brain cells and generated into thoughts when I was a kid. And since I was always labeled as "nothing but an average person", I never thought of entering any organization in college.

And yes! When I was in highschool, anyone could call me "the quietest student" because I talk rarely. Talking was not my thing. I therefore conclude that I got into writing because of that. So what's the purpose of this post? It is to tell you my writing journey! :)

High school days, my English/Values teacher gave us a chance to write down our high school journey into a journal. And everyday, I can use 3 pages of my journal and it was all about what happened to me that day. When high school graduation was approaching, my English teacher told me that I have a future in writing and maybe that boost my eagerness to be a professional writer someday.

No one really appreciates my piece. Not until that teacher came to my life. Since then, I had the courage to let everyone read my box-of-writings, but unfortunately, it was killed, melted, and murdered by the flood caused by SANTI storm. The first person to read and edit my article entitled "A piece of advice" was my bestfriend, Regina Mondez, who inspires me a lot in writing. Second was my classmate and blogger bestfriend, Katy, who introduced me to BLOGGING.

At my 3rd year in college, with all the courage I have, I applied to "THE GEARS: The official publication the LSPU-SCC" as a Photojournalist. I love photography. I capture things and anything that I see. But one thing I love was creating a story out of it. So, they hired me as soon as that day. At first, I was afraid to write articles so I told them that I am just a photographer. And that makes me a liar. But I was inspired with my gears-mates who are younger than me. So after few months of entering THE GEARS, I encouraged my fingers to write down the words being formed in my brain. And surprisingly, many people was saying 'hi' and 'hello' to me just because they saw my epic face and my epic writing on a folio published by The Gears.I loved how they love my articles and my stories so I was inspired to do more. I also got into "news writing" (that I hate the most) when I took my on-the-job training at Provincial Capitol of Laguna - Management Information Systems Office. And I believe that being a web writer at MISO helped me a lot.  And at present, I have 100 stories stuck in my mind and 3 short stories written, 1 short novel, almost 50+ essays and more news articles.

I know I still have millions steps away from my dream of being a professional writer. I've got thousands of grammatical error that I haven't learned yet. And I have hundreds or thousands of articles to write before I reach my goal. But I know that I already took the first step. So now, I just got 999,999 steps to go. :)

This post was to inspire people who just keep their writings under their bed or table. Go on! Read your past writings and see how you improved. Don't be shy in letting others read what you wrote. Don't be afraid to ask someone to proofread your article. And remember, if you cannot say it, write it. And never, never, never let go of your childhood dreams, it may become your destiny.

God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment